The Professional Development Committee was born with the objective of helping CEBE members in their personal and professional growth. Its main objectives are :
- To inform members about the different career opportunities for scientists, many of them unknown.
- To increase the network of professional contacts in their fields of work.
- To provide tools to help them achieve their professional goals.
In order to meet these objectives, CEBE carries out different initiatives:
- Science Beyond the Lab (SBTL) Program: This program shows a wide range of alternative options to those included in the academic field. Each SBTL event focuses on a specific career path, where invited speakers present their professional careers and share their personal experiences.
- Professional Development Workshops: These workshops work on different aspects to enhance competitiveness in the world of work. Topics such as self-knowledge of one's own skills, how to write grant proposals, or the development of professional transition strategies are addressed.
- Networking: These events try to serve as a platform to establish connections between professionals from different fields and with different levels of experience.
- Job offers: In the private area for partners, exclusive job offers are periodically published for scientific profiles. More information: Job offers
- Buddy Program: Our mentoring program aims to put members in contact with experienced mentors who will voluntarily support and guide the mentee in the professional goals they want to achieve, among others. More information: Buddy Program