CEBE-UAM Traineeship Programme 2020
Would you like to act as host supervisor?
The Association of Spanish Scientist in Belgium (CEBE) is pleased to announce the launch of the CEBE-UAM Traineeship Program 2020. In its second call, up to 15 trainees/students of the Universidad Autónoma of Madrid (UAM) will have the opportunity to perform a Traineeship in a public or private institution in Belgium, with a CEBE member as host scientist.
The goal of these international traineeships is to further extend skills and competencies of the participants. Trainees will gain deeper knowledge on how-to procedures, increase their employability, and gain international experience, while host scientist will increase managerial and leadership skills. The trainee will be a student enrolled in Bachelor or Master studies at the Faculty of Science of UAM. She/he will be supported within the Mobility Program for Students of the Faculty of Science of UAM and funded by the Erasmus + Placement Program. Please find all the information about the Erasmus + Program. Please find all the information about the Erasmus + Program here
Election of the host scientist will be made in a competitive basis on research excellence, training plan, CV of the applicant, and expected impact to both the student and host.
This Traineeship Program is the result of the commitment between UAM and CEBE to collaborate in different modalities and resulted in the establishment of the International Cooperation UAM and CEBE Framework (Convenio CEBE-UAM).
Deadline: CEBE members interested in hosting a trainee must apply before 21st February 2020
For further information, contact convenioUAM@cebebelgica.es
Terms and conditions of CEBE-UAM Traineeship application
1. Conditions and awards
- Up to 15 host positions are available in the areas of Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry (Eurobachelor®), Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science (and Geography and Territory Ordinance), Physics, Computer and Mathematics Engineering, Mathematics, Human Nutrition and Dietetics and Food Technology (the number of summer studentships awarded to each scientific area will be proportional to demand).
- A host scientist can apply for several students. In this case, independent applications, with different (independent or complementary) projects, must be sent.
- Hosts supervision will be certificated by the Science School of UAM. Only in case this supervision includes ECTS credits for the students the activity will be certificated as “curricular” (see our FAQs for more details).
- Traineeships can last a minimum period of 2 months and a maximum period of 4 months (only the first 3 months are funded by Erasmus+ program).
- Traineeships can take place between 1st June and 30th December 2020 (summer preferred) *
- Grant funded by Erasmus + Program is directly awarded to the trainee and provides only funding for mobility of the trainee (350 Euros/month).
- The trainee will be fully covered with the insurance of UAM and Erasmus Program.
* The final dates of the Traineeship can be agreed after the matching period between the student and the supervisor. Please, consider that most of the students would prefer a summer period for the traineeship because they may need to come back to their Sending Institution (UAM) to continue with their studies.
2. Host eligibility criteria
- The host supervisor must be part of an Institution (located in Belgium) sustainable of been elected into the Erasmus + Internship Program**
- This call is open to scientists (PhDs or PhD-students) that are CEBE regular members of the Society and want to act as host for UAM trainees. Non-members can apply only after submitting their membership registration form, providing they have paid their annual membership at the moment of traineeship application. Find out about our different membership fees and please register here
- The host must prove availability of funding to assure resources for project development, this should be specified in the application form (point 15 in the funding information of the application form). If no independent funding is available, the applicant must provide support to the project from their Line Manager, Head of Project or PI.
- Applicants must confirm eligibility with their Belgian host institutions (point 14 of the application form).
** The host organisation can be private or public. They must be active in the labour market, though, or in the fields of education, training or youth. Ineligible host organisations for traineeships include: EU bodies and other EU institutions, including specialised agencies. Organisations managing EU programs, for example National Agencies
3. Criteria of selection of host candidates by CEBE
- Applications will be evaluated by a joint Committee composed of members of the CEBE-UAM Program Coordinators and the Board of Directors of CEBE.
- Evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
- Training plan (points 4, 5 and 6 of the project description in the application form, evaluated up to a maximum of 35 points in total)
- Research Excellence (point 3 of the project description in the application form, evaluated up to a maximum of 25 points)
- CV of the applicant (evaluated up to a maximum of 25 points)
- Impact of the traineeship in the applicant’s (host) career (point 7.a of the project description in the application form, evaluated up to a maximum of 5 points)
- Impact of the traineeship in the applicant’s (trainee) career (point 7.b of the project description in the application form, evaluated up to a maximum of 5 points)
4. Process of matching between selected host and potential trainee
- The matching between the selected host (CEBE member) and trainee (UAM student) will be based on the following steps:
- first, future trainees will choose their preferred destinations among the offer of given projects by the host supervisors (applicants of this call)
- second, UAM will match the specifications from the trainer (time of mobility, degree, experience requirements and willingness to evaluate the performance project) with the specification of the trainees
- third, UAM and CEBE will arrange online interviews for the host and pre-selected trainees
- fourth, in case of more than one trainee choosing the same host, the host will nominate a minimum of two candidates after the interview
- fifth, UAM will arrange the final matching of these two pre-selected candidates with a host and communicate to the host the final resolution.
- The expected time for final resolution is between April 23rd and May 1st (approximate dates, the final dates may differ according to the development of the process).
5. Application Form
- Download and complete the Application Form. Then, submit together with your CV (max 2 pages) in a zip file to convenioUAM@cebebelgica.es with subject: “CEBE -UAM Traineeships 2020: Name of the project”. All documents of the applications must be filled in English.
6. Further Details
- Once the selection from both sides is done (Trainee and Trainer), before the traineeship starts the UAM and the receiving organisation must sign a Learning Agreement for Traineeship under Erasmus + Program to ensure a transparent and efficient preparation of the exchange abroad
- After the traineeship abroad, the receiving organisation/supervisor should send a Traineeship Certificate to the education institution, normally within 5 weeks after successful completion of the traineeship
- At the end of the traineeship, awarded CEBE members (hosts) must fill an internal evaluation survey that will be sent by mail before 31st December 2020.
The deadline to apply for CEBE-UAM Traineeship 2020 is the 21st February 2020